Sylarna, STF Mountain station
Sylarna Mountain Lodge lies 1 035 m above sea level next to the majestic Syl massif, which has its highest peak of 1 762 m on the Norwegian side of the border. Sylarna is an ancient intersection for hiking trails from Blåhammaren, Storulvån, Helags, Gåsen and the Norwegian Nedalen and Storerikvollen. The nearest road is 16 km away, in Storulvån.
The mountain lodge has around 100 beds in 3/5-bed rooms, one 8-bed room and 12 beds in an annex.
Hot and cold water is provided in the rooms. Shower, toilet and sauna facilities are in the corridor. The annex Kläppen houses a common room, self-catering facilities and a kitchen. Some of the rooms in the annex accept dogs – these must be prebooked at the mountain lodge during high season.
The main building has a large self-catering kitchen and a dining room with views over the Syl massif, plus a shop with a variety of fresh, canned and frozen foods for self-catering.
Ski climbing equipment, telemark skis and a selection of sports equipment is available for hire. There is a telephone and an emergency phone.
- Phone number (booking): +46 101902420
- Phone number: +46 101902420
- Contact person email: [email protected]
- E-mail (Organizer): [email protected]
- Address: STF Sylarna Fjällstation 83771 Duved
Visitors to Sylarna must hike or ski to the mountain lodge. The closest road lies in Storulvån (16 km) where there is car parking.
• By train to Duved and connection with bus. Please call +46 647-704 77. Journey time to Duved from Östersund 2 hrs, from Stockholm 10, from Gothenburg 13 and Malmö 14 hours.
• Fly to Östersund. Rental car from airport and a ca. 2 hours’ drive.
• By car: drive on the E14 past Åre. After about 40 km, turn off to the left. There are signposts to Storulvån Mountain Lodge. The road to Storulvån follows the edge of the mountain range and is vulnerable for snowdrifts. When it is windy, contact Storulvån before beginning your journey.