The fish ladder is the perfect way to study trout up close.
A five minutes drive upstream from Camp Dammån is Dammån's Fish ladder. Twice a day the fish ladder empties manually. The guide takes up all the fish and measures, weighs and identifies their sex before they are placed on the top of the stairs.
The fish ladder was commissioned back in 1950 when it became clear that a power plant would be built in Dammån. Ever since 1950, a wide utilization of stairs has been operational and statistics have been taken on every single fish that has migrated there in over 60 years. This is something that makes Dammån unique.
The fish ladder is emptied every day at. 08:00 and 16:00, starting in mid-June. Do not wait, visit the fish ladder today!
- Phone number (booking): 46 0643 31056
- Phone number: 46 0643 31056
- Contact person email: [email protected]
- Address: Ågårdarna 140 83001 Hallen
- External links: http://campdamman.com/aktiviteter/fisktrappa